Essential oils are powerful components of natural cleaning products, body care and skincare products. Peppermint oil is anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and ant-fungal which lends to it’s many uses in homemade household products like room freshening spray, mouthwash and deodorant.
Room Freshening Spay
“You’re office smells so nice.” I have the pleasure of hearing this comment often throughout the day because between visits I freshen the air with my home made spritzer:
- Fill a spray bottle with 2 ounces of filtered water and add:
- 15-20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10-15 drops lavender essential oil
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol, this helps the spray disperse in the air better
- Shake the bottle before each use
Take advantage of peppermint’s ant-microbial properties to keep your mouth feeling fresh. Rinse for 30 seconds after brushing but do not swallow this mouthwash.
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 4-6 drops peppermint essential oil